Use Interlibrary Loan services to:
- Retrieve FAU Materials from other campuses
- Request materials from other State University Libraries via UBorrow
- Request Articles and Book Chapters
- Request loan of items not owned by FAU
- Distance Learners can have both FAU materials and ILL loans shipped directly to their location
How much money have I saved by using Interlibrary Loan?
Last year, the ILL Department saved the FAU Community an estimated $94,340!
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order or place an item on Reserve if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order or request would involve violation of copyright law.