The FAU Libraries are committed to helping to develop and support the institutional framework for supporting the data management needs of researchers at Florida Atlantic University. The FAU Libraries Data Management webpage is intended to be an education resource for FAU faculty and students on data management plans including data management resources and tools.
What is Data Management?
Research data management involves the activities researchers do to organize, describe, preserve, and share their data. Data management practices are integral to the entire research lifecycle, from planning for what kind of data you will collect to depositing your dataset in a repository.
Data Management Resources and Tools
FAU Libraries Resources and Services:
- FAU Libraries Scholarly Communication Services
- FAU Libraries Digital Library (includes information on how to contribute your work to the Digital Library FAU Research Repository and Open Access Journals Published by the Digital Library)
- Research and Instructional Services Research Consultations
- Research Data Management (Research Guide)
- Data Management and Plans (Research Guide)
FAU Division of Research Resources:
Office of Information Technology (OIT) Resources:
The Libraries are members of the University IT Compliance Committee which is responsible for all forms of IT compliance at FAU including the development of data management plans.
- The DMPTool: The DMPTool is a free, open-source, online application that helps researchers create data management plans. These plans, or DMPs, are now required by many funding agencies as part of the grant proposal submission process. The DMPTool provides a click-through wizard for creating a DMP that complies with funder requirements. It also has direct links to funder websites, help text for answering questions, and resources for best practices surrounding data management.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)