The Instruction and Engagement Services Department provides the following services to FAU and Palm Beach State College (PBSC) at Boca Raton Campus:
- Library Instruction. Schedule a session for FAU or PBSC at Boca Raton courses; to request instruction for courses held at FAU partner campuses or PBSC at Lake Worth, contact their library.
- Workshops. Learn about various library resources in 50-minute sessions. Past workshops covered library databases and subject-specific resources. See the workshop page for currently scheduled workshops, and also recordings of selected workshops.
- Research Consultation. Subject-specialist librarians provide assistance face-to-face or virtually with assignments using library resources.
- Faculty Orientation. Faculty introduction to library services based on their needs; topics may include library collections, course reserves, interlibrary loan, and instruction.
Video Tutorials and Teaching and Learning resources
Materials and video tutorials about using the library are available for students. Students can use them for their assignments while faculty and instructors can integrate them into their teaching:
- LibGuides. Webpages curated by librarians with recommended library and information sources for specific subject areas, topics, and courses.
- Request a Course LibGuide. Faculty members may now request a LibGuide for Boca Raton courses without scheduling an instruction session.
- Video Tutorials. Brief videos that help with finding information, doing research, using library services, and creating citations.
- Teaching and Learning Resources. See the Libraries' resources that can be used for teaching or self-paced learning that explain library information sources and topics related to doing research.
Request Instruction Services at FAU Partner Campuses and Palm Beach State College (Lake worth)
- John D. MacArthur Campus at Jupiter
- FAU Broward College at Davie
- FAU Harbor Branch Oceanographic Research Institute (HBOI)
- PBSC at Lake Worth