The FAU Libraries' Interlibrary Loan Department has expanded its services again! For the first time since closing due to the COVID-19, the FAU community can request physical material from our continental US library partners.
To make an Interlibrary Loan request or UBrorrow request for physical materials in addition to electronically-delivered book chapters and articles, follow these steps:
- Log into your ILLiad Account or create one if you currently do not have an account.
- To place a new request, choose which type of item you are requesting (such as book) to open a blank request form. Fill in the request form as fully as you can, then click SUBMIT REQUEST.
- Check you email for a notification about your request. Please note, that due to the scarcity of lenders for certain requests, we may not be able to fill all your requests. In this case, you will receive a cancellation notice.
- Follow email instructions about how and where to pick-up your materials*
- After you're done with the materials, return to one of the book drop-offs on campus. There are drop-off bins outside the library and on the Breezeway.
*Please know that our Interlibrary Loan team is dedicated to protecting our Owl Family, so all requests are being quarantined for your safety and the safety of Library staff. As soon as your material is safe for disbursement, you will receive an email with more information regarding how and where to pickup your material in a safe, low-contact way.
For more information about the difference between an ILL and UBorrow request, check out this FAQ page. If you have any questions about requesting Interlibrary Loan materials, contact LYILL@fau.edu or 561-297-0563 during library operating hours.