The FAU Student Library Advisory Committee was created to provide a mechanism for student suggestions to library administration, involve students in the creation of new library programs, and educate students to serve as advocates for the FAU Libraries.
What does the FAU-SLAC do?
- Advise library administration and committees on library policies, services, facilities, resources and program
- Promote library resources, services and programs to greater campus community
- Plan & execute student centered programming and/or services
Serve as advocates for the library among the FAU student body
What is expected of FAU-SLAC members?
- Offer insight about how the FAU Libraries can best support a student's educational experience at FAU
- Provide an informed student perspective on policies, services, collections, space, etc.
- Attend 2 group meetings per semester
- Contribute ideas and opinions, respective of others
- Represent the FAU Libraries at campus events and meetings
- Serve a 1-year term, renewable with permission of the Dean of the FAU Libraries