Introducing the new OneSearch (powered by Primo VE) to the FAU Libraries
On July 13, 2021, all Florida public colleges and universities including Florida Atlantic University upgraded their core library platform to the Alma and Primo VE library systems. This new integrated library system (ILS) leverages cloud-based services and offers a responsive, scalable web and mobile design. This upgrade expands access to materials and improves the user experience for students, faculty, and staff. Primo VE also improves library staff's ability to find, track, and share material, to process requests for new acquisitions, and to analyze usage.
What are the benefits of Primo VE to the FAU Community?
The new Primo VE discovery service allows enhanced access to the FAU Libraries' print, electronic, and digital collections as well as improved discovery of items across all Florida institutions. Primo VE changes how our current OneSearch looks and functions.
Here is a sneak peek into the new Library Integrated System:
Other enhanced features include:
Enhanced User Experience: Better integration of the libraries’ collections along with improved and expanded search capabilities.
- Faster: Save time by searching almost all of the libraries' collections and beyond in one simple search.
- More Discovery: Explore and learn through automatic recommendations, virtual title browsing, and citation trails.
- Personalized Search Experience: Log in to save your research preferences. Save your items in your eShelf and easily export to Mendeley, Zotero, or EndNote.
- On-the-Go: Improved mobile user interface allows researchers to search on their favorite mobile device.
- Seamless Integration: Alma and Primo VE work together to provide one user-friendly account for most library needs.