FAU and Palm Beach State College Students and Affiliates
Entering and Exiting the Library
Persons affiliated with FAU can use their Owl Card while those with Palm Beach State College use their Panther Card to enter the library.
Register Your PBSC Panther Card
PBSC students, faculty, and staff may register their Panther Card by completing the PBSC FAU Libraries Services Access Form.
Did You Forget Your Owl or Panther Card?
Please speak to the staff member at the Service Desk who will be able to allow you to enter the library without your card. Library staff will check your details on our library database before you can enter.
- A maximum of 3 cardless entries will be allowed within an academic year and will be recorded on our Library system. If you arrive at the library on a 4th occasion without your card, you will be denied access to the building.
- If you have lost your ID card or it has become damaged, report it to a campus Owl Card Center. Cardless entry will be possible if you lost your ID, but please be aware that this entry will count towards your quota of 3.
Students, faculty, and affiliates of FAU and PBSC have access to the building during its regular library hours. Hours are subject to change due to holidays, events, or intersession, so check library hours for current information or updates.
Guests, the general public, and Florida college / university students
Guest access does not automatically confer borrowing rights. The Libraries reserve the right to restrict access to the building and its equipment during peak exam periods.
Services and Policies
- Welcome Guest describes available library services.
- General Public and The Library Policy provides guidelines for visitors.
Get a Guest Library Card
- Register with the Service Desk to be issued a guest card for entering and exiting the building.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required.
- Guest cards are issued for a limited length of time; guests who want to keep access will need to renew them.
- Show a valid school ID for library access.
The general public, guests, and visitors have access to the library during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM