- FAU Faculty, Students (currently enrolled) and Staff will need to have a valid FAU Owl Card, which serves as the library card at the FAU Libraries.
- State University System Faculty, Students (currently enrolled) and Staff will need to have a valid University ID from their home institution.
- FAU alumni will need to show current Alumni Association membership card.
- Faculty, Students (currently enrolled) and Staff of the Florida Community College System will need to present a valid College ID card from their home institution and proof of employment or enrollment.
- Patrons from participating SEFLIN institutions must present a current SEFLIN Library Card or Sunshine Library Card from their home library before obtaining an FAU library card.
- Friends of FAU Libraries have privileges to most library services as explained in the Categories of Memberships. Please consult with Access Service staff or Library Administration, if you have questions.
- Patrons participating in Special Programs, Courses and Seminars may be eligible for borrowing privileges when special arrangements have been made with the FAU Libraries. Please inquire at the Service Desk or the Administrative Office on the appropriate campus.