The FAU Libraries provide access to over 3.7 million items including books, periodicals, government documents, maps, media, and unique items through its 3 campus locations. The Libraries' main groups served include the following:
- FAU students, faculty, and staff (primary group).
- Palm Beach State College at Boca Raton.
- Current affiliates of the State College and University Systems of Florida.
Guests and The General Public: The FAU Libraries' General Public and The Library Policy outlines privileges for the public to borrow materials and use library services. See below for information for types of borrowers and details on eligibility.
All borrowers can find details on loan periods, number of books to borrow, and other related services at Borrowing Privileges by selecting their borrower group (ie., FAU, Special Borrowers, etc.).
Users who do not return materials or equipment by its due date are subject to borrowing charges or other actions.
Off Campus Access to E-Resources
Due to license agreements with companies who provide the Libraries with these services, only current FAU students, staff, and faculty can use our e-resources from off campus. To access e-resources, the general public have the following options:
- Use the FAU Libraries' e-resources in-person during its open hours.
- Consult with your local library for what they have available.
- Florida residents or those within the state can use Florida Electronic Library.
Current FAU Students, Faculty, and Staff
- The FAU Owl Card is your library card! Current FAU students, faculty, and staff need to have a valid one to use the Libraries and its services.
- FAU alumni will need to show current FAU Alumni Association membership card.
FAU Special Borrowers
- Visiting scholars, Research Park employees, and others who are associated by not employed by FAU can see Borrower Privileges (FAU Special Borrowers) for current privileges and eligibility.
FAU Continuing Education or Non-Credit Courses
- Some participants in these programs may be eligible for borrowing privileges when special arrangements have been made between the sponsoring department with the FAU Libraries. See Borrower Privileges (FAU Special Borrowers) or inquire at the Service Desk or the Library Administration office on the appropriate campus.
Palm Beach State College
- Current, active students, faculty and staff of Palm Beach State College need to present a valid Panther card.
Florida State College or State University System
- Current, active students, faculty and staff of the Florida College System need to present a valid college ID from their home institution and proof of employment or enrollment.
- Current, active students, faculty and staff of the State University System of Florida need to have a valid university ID from their home institution.
Members of the public
Community users can do any of the following to get borrowing privileges: