Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing Scholarly Communication Services initiatives, educational programming and services for FAU faculty, researchers, students, and staff on topics such as copyright, open access, scholarly publishing, and impact factors.
- Coordinating the scholarly communication responsibilities of librarians in the FAU Libraries Liaison Program which includes marketing scholarly communication programming and services.
- Assessing the campus environment in scholarly communication issues and working with appropriate units to identify gaps in services and knowledge.
- Selecting and maintaining library collections for library science.
- Participating in library, university, and professional service activities.
Scholarly Communication Services (SCS) Information:
- SCS Home Page
- SCS LibGuides:
M.L.I.S., Wayne State University (Library and Information Science), Detroit, MI
B.A., Michigan State University (English), East Lansing, MI
B.A., Michigan State University (Psychology), East Lansing, MI
A.A., Grand Rapids Community College (Liberal Arts), Grand Rapids, MI
Padron, K. (2020). Library presence in a nursing faculty online teaching module. Poster presented at Association of College and Research Libraries Distance Learning Section, Distance Library Instruction Virtual Poster Session. https://www.slideshare.net/kpadron_libraries/library-presence-in-a-nursing-faculty-online-teaching-module
Padron, K. (2018). Academic library use among women and underrepresented minorities in STEM. Poster presented at the American Library Association annual conference, New Orleans, LA. https://www.slideshare.net/kpadron_libraries/academic-library-use-patterns-among-women-and-underrepresented-minorities-in-stem
Carlson, R. M., Padron, K., & Andrews, C. (2018). Evidence-based instructional strategies for adult learners: A review of the literature. Codex: The Journal of the Louisiana Chapter of the ACRL, 4(4). http://journal.acrlla.org/index.php/codex/article/view/137
Padron, K. (2017). Library assessment project report: Upper-level STEM student library use study. Florida Atlantic University. https://fau.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/fau%3A38846
Ergood, A., Padron, K., & Rebar, L. (2012). Making library screencast tutorials: Factors and processes. Internet Reference Services Quarterly, 17(2): 95-107. DOI: 10.1080/10875301.2012.725705
Nichols, J.W., Spang, L., & Padron, K. (2005/2006). Building a foundation for collaboration: K-20 partnerships in information literacy. Resource Sharing & Information Networks, 18(1/2): 5-12. https://doi.org/10.1300/J121v18n01_02
See more of Kristy's work:
When Kristy is not busy with being a librarian, she likes to travel, be outdoors, and hang out with her pet mini-dachshund.