The FAU Student Library Advisory Committee was created to provide a mechanism for student suggestions to library administration, involve students in the creation of new library programs, and educate students to serve as advocates for the FAU Libraries.
What does the SLAC do?
- Advise library administration and committees on library policies, services, facilities, resources and programs
- Promote library resources, services and programs to greater campus community
- Plan & execute student centered programming and/or services
Serve as advocates for the library among the FAU student body
What is expected of SLAC members?
- Offer insight about how the FAU Libraries can best support a student's educational experience at FAU
- Provide an informed student perspective on policies, services, collections, space, etc.
- Attend meetings each semester
- Contribute ideas and opinions, respective of others
- Serve a 1-year term, renewable with permission of the Interim Dean of the FAU Libraries