This policy is in effect until health and safety conditions permit uncontrolled access to library buildings.
The FAU Libraries follow University Health and Safety Guidelines. For that reason, access to library physical facilities has been limited until broader access has been determined to be safe. In-person services have been supplemented by enhanced use of technology to provide the best user experience while keeping the FAU community and library staff as safe as possible. Information about the library environment for the Spring 2021 semester is available here
At the same time, the Libraries recognize the desire for small groups to view the Libraries’ facilities. Virtual tours of the Boca Raton, Jupiter, and HBOI facilities are available here
When a virtual tour is deemed insufficient, the FAU Libraries have prepared mechanisms for reviewing requests to allow small groups of admitted or prospective students and/or their parents into the facilities.
FAU tour guides or University offices that would like to request an on-site tour, must read the following:
- Tours will only be granted for students or prospective students and/or their families. At this time, no community-based tours can be accommodated (including Alumni, OLLI, or others)
- The Libraries will answer requests made using the form (see below) within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. If a request is made outside of normal Monday to Friday business hours, it will be treated as if it arrived during the next Monday to Friday business day and it will be answered within 24 hours.
- The Libraries reserve the right to deny a request due to staffing shortages, building occupancy exceeding capacity, or other health and safety reasons.
- Due to limitations on safe building occupancy, only one tour group at a time will be allowed in the library.
- Tour groups will consist of no more than 10 participants, including the tour guide.
- Because access to the library facilities is limited to currently enrolled students or FAU staff with card-swipe access, special arrangements will need to be made for allowing visitors into the building. No piggybacking with multiple entries using a single card swipe are permitted and violations will result in the group being asked to leave.
- Tour groups will abide by social distancing rules and follow floor markers to remain six feet apart at all times.
- Tour groups will enter and exit the buildings in a single file.
- Participants are expected to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times.
- Tour groups will remain on the first floor of the libraries in a designated section of the main lobby.
- Visits will be limited to 15 minutes or less.
- Tour groups will only be allowed into the buildings during the libraries’ normal hours of operation, listed here
- Because of possible COVID exposure from surface contact, tour groups are expected to refrain from touching surfaces or wandering outside of the designated first-floor lobby area.
- A tour group not complying with any of the above requirements may be asked to leave and future requests from the group’s organizers may be denied.
- Tours will need to be requested in advance, a minimum of 48 hours ahead of time, using the form available here