Current Periodicals and Microforms (CPM): Policies and Services
- The staff at the Service Desk provides basic assistance with current periodicals and microforms. For in-depth research assistance, please ask for help at the Information and Engagement Office.
- Current issues of most newspapers, magazines, and journals are shelved in the stacks by call number. Periodicals do not circulate.
- The FAU Libraries also subscribe to many journals in electronic format. These e-journals provide the same content as their print counterpart and are an alternative form of the same print journals, or are independent online publications. FAU students, faculty and staff may access these e-journals off-campus via E-Z Proxy.
- The microfilm and microfiche collections are stored at the rear of the Information and Engagement Department. In addition to specialized research collections, the microform collection includes back issues of newspapers, magazines, and journals. Microforms do not circulate.
Viewing, Scanning, and Printing Microforms
- Microform machines may be used to view and print images from film and fiche. Software is available for you to scan digital images, then either print, save, or email them to yourself. Printing from machines costs $.08 per page. To print, you need to use the FAU Printing Services portal at http://www.fau.edu/print/. To save a file, you must provide your own USB flash drive. You can email files at no cost to you.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding CPM Policies and Services, please contact Steven C. Matthew, Head of Access Services, or Badara Taal, Assistant Department Head/Circulation Manager.