interlibrary loans and paging requests
FAU and Palm Beach State College students, staff, and faculty may place Interlibrary Loan requests for physical materials in addition to electronically-delivered book chapters and articles.
- To place your Interlibrary Loan requests, please first log onto your ILLiad Account or create one if you currently do not have an account.
- To place a new request, choose which type of item you are requesting (such as book) to open a blank request form. Fill in the request form as fully as you can, then click SUBMIT REQUEST.
- We are currently only able to fill requests for physical materials from libraries within the continental U.S. Scans of articles or book chapters from International libraries may be possible.
- Due to the scarcity of lenders for certain requests, we may not be able to fill all your requests. In this case, you will receive a cancellation notice.
- Interlibrary Loan is dedicated to protecting our Owl Family, so all requests are being quarantined for your safety and the safety of Library staff. As soon as you material is safe for disbursement, you will receive an email with more information regarding how and where to pickup you material in a safe, low-contact way.
Physical items located at the Boca Campus Wimberly Library and Jupiter Campus Library are available on request via our Paging system. However, interbranch delivery of materials from the Harbor Branch Campus Library is still currently unavailable.
- Search for your item in the FAU Library Catalog. Requests are limited to a maximum of 20 items per day per patron.
- Click on the Branch Campus Delivery / Interlibrary Loan link at the bottom of the record, this will take you to the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) ILLiad Account page.
- Log in to your ILLiad account or create one if you currently do not have an account.
- Your request information should be autofilled. If the request information is accurate, click SUBMIT REQUEST. If not, edit the information as needed and then SUBMIT REQUEST.
- Once your material has been pulled and is available, you will receive a notification telling you how and where to pick up your items.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 561.297.0563 during Library operating hours for any questions or concerns.