Effective Monday, May 15, 2017, security gates located at the main entry of the S.E. Wimberly Library will be enforced after 10 PM to ensure a safe environment for the students, faculty, and staff using the facility.
Florida Atlantic University and Palm Beach State College students, faculty, and staff entering the S. E. Wimberly Library must use a valid OWL Card/PantherCard to gain access after 10 pm.
FAU OWL Card holders will need to swipe their valid card at the security gates to enter the library.
PBSC PantherCard holders will be admitted once their credentials are verified at the Circulation Desk.
In the event of inactive or lost OWL Cards or PantherCards, please contact the OWL Card center located in the Student Union or the Follett Bookstore in the BK Building.
Non-FAU and PBSC affiliated visitors will have access to the library during normal operating hours.
If a question arises about legitimate credentials for the Library, the Access Services staff reserve the right to approve or deny entry.
Feel free to email Tiffany Follin at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that the Library does not have access to the article through an alternate source. If the article is not available there are two options: if you are a COM faculty member, the article can be requested on your behalf though the medical library’s account or you can choose to sign up for an ILL account which you will have direct and sole access to.
FAU College of Medicine students are more than welcome to call/email to confirm an article is not available before placing an ILL request.
8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Saturday and Sunday - Closed Hours vary during semester breaks.
Yes. You will need to fill out a Media Center Reserve form and obtain copyright clearance if necessary. Please contact our office for additional information.
* This is for Faculty/Staff only.
- If your request is for an Article or Book Chapter, it is available to download from your ILL Account.
- If your item is a loan and you have a Boca Campus pickup location, your item is now available to pick up at the Circulation Desk.
- If you have a Jupiter or HBOI pickup location, your item has been shipped to your campus and you will receive notification from your Branch Campus Librarian when your material arrives.
- For Davie, Tower, and Distance Learners, your item will be shipped directly to your office and should arrive in a few days.
- For Boca faculty who choose the Boca Faculty Delivery option, your materials will be delivered to your office.
- For more information, please see the Item Has Arrived tab of this guide.