When searching in one of the FAU Libraries electronic resources, Find it @ FAU provides direct links from a citation in one database to the full text of that article (when available) in another FAU Libraries database.
The direct link may take you to the full text article within an electronic journal or an electronic book. Find it @ FAU will also link you to the FAU Libraries catalog so that you can check to see if FAU owns the item. If we don't and the full-text is not available online, you may request it through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
When you are searching the FAU Libraries databases, you may be in a database which provides access to full-text articles only, citations and some full-text articles, or citations only. If you are searching in a database where you do not have immediate access to the full text, clicking on the button will provide the following options when available:
• view the full text of the article online by linking to another FAU Libraries database
• check the FAU Library Catalog to see if FAU owns a book or journal and whether it's available
• request delivery of the article, book, or document from Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)
(Options may differ depending upon the citation you select).
Amanda Chiplock, Department Head & Senior Medical Librarian
Phone Number: (Library) 561-297-4103 or (COM) 561-297-4005
Tiffany Follin, Medical Liaison and Outreach Librarian
Phone Number: 561-297-3642
General Medical Library Questions
- If your request is for an Article or Book Chapter, it is available to download from your ILL Account.
- If your item is a loan and you have a Boca Campus pickup location, your item is now available to pick up at the Circulation Desk.
- If you have a Jupiter or HBOI pickup location, your item has been shipped to your campus and you will receive notification from your Branch Campus Librarian when your material arrives.
- For Davie, Tower, and Distance Learners, your item will be shipped directly to your office and should arrive in a few days.
- For Boca faculty who choose the Boca Faculty Delivery option, your materials will be delivered to your office.
- For more information, please see the Item Has Arrived tab of this guide.
Because the material can come from any participating library, arrival times vary. Electronic articles have a turnaround time of a couple hours to 2 or more business days while hard material loans are 7 or more days. Hard to find material can take longer and some may not be obtainable at all.
(Trick of the trade: if you do not have a set need by date, open your “not needed after” field to give the system more time to work on your request before being canceled when it reaches the auto-filled date without finding a lender.)
Yes. When you log into your ILL account, you will see the “outstanding Requests” box in the center of the page. Your transaction numbers are hyperlinks that will lead you to information about the material’s status once clicked. Tracking information will be at the bottom of the page.