Special Message Regarding Library Closures - March 31, 2020
Faculty Resources During Closure - March 18, 2020
We Are Still Here For You - Message from Dean Hixson - March 17, 2020
Dean Carol Hixson's Message - March 13, 2020
In coordination with the University Administration, the FAU library facilities in Boca Raton, Jupiter and HBOI will close until further notice.
For the most up-to-date information please visit:
- Wimberly Library Hours Page
- Jupiter Library Hours Page
- HBOI Hours Page
- Broward County Library - Main Branch
- Broward College - FAU Joint Use Facility
To make this easier for our users to access our remote services we launched Lib2GO, an online listing of remote resources and services available to the FAU community.
- Interlibrary Loan - We will be unable to fill ILL requests for physical items until we reopen. However, electronically-delivered items such as digital articles and book chapters can still be requested. ILL automatic overdue notices have been suspended, and renewal dates have been extended through May 15.
- Workshops - All workshops scheduled for this semester have been cancelled. Archived workshops can be found here.
- Exhibits - All exhibits are currently closed.
- Special Collections - All classes and tours are cancelled until the library reopens. The reading room for in person research is currently closed. The Jaffe Center for Book Arts is closed and all programs and activities are cancelled until further notice. For remote access or research help please email email@example.com.
- Printing Services - As the FAU Libraries are currently closed, there is no printing inside the library buildings. There is printing adjacent to the Wimberly Library in the all-night study center. There is also printing adjacent to the Jupiter Library in HC-111. To find other printing services across campus please click here. Please be aware some print stations may be closed due to the coronavirus.
- Collections- Expanded temporary access to electronic books in our E-book database is now available.
We will continue to provide seamless access to our e-resources. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about general Collection Management services, please contact email@example.com.
Due Dates - Due dates on FAU materials will be extended to May 30, 2020 for all borrowers with items due before then.
Computer Lab - The computer lab in Room 215 is currently closed. All other computer labs will be closed on March 18, 2020 at 5 pm. These are tentatively scheduled to reopen on March 30.
- GIS Corner - Assistance from our GIS student assistant will be available virtually during the FAU libraries facilities temporary closure due to COVID-19 outbreak. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if assistance is needed. Also, please click here to see the special hours for virtual assistance.
- Laptop Availability - Laptops and a limited number of hotspots are available for for students with a financial need. Please contact email@example.com for all requests. Even if a financial need is not confirmed we will lend as appropriate.
- Homeschooling Resources - To assist parents who are now having to home school their children during this time of school closures, we created a guide of resources to aid in the transition and their success.
All special events scheduled until the end of the semester have been postponed. Please visit our Event Calendar for up-to-date information.